|Prior to installation, the following should be true:|
- Internet Explorer should be set as the default browser.
- Internet Explorer's security settings should be set to Medium-High for the Internet zone. Security settings may be accessed by opening Tools -> Internet Options in the IE menu and clicking on the Security tab.
|The following operating systems are supported by this application:|
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 or later
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Windows 10
|The following prerequisites are required:|
- Microsoft Data Access Components 2.8
- .NET Framework 2.0 (but see the discussion below)
|In addition, the following programs must be installed to support these prerequisites:|
- Internet Explorer 5.01 or later
- Windows Installer 3.0 or later
The installer will attempt to load missing prerequisites prior to installing the application. If this is not allowed by your user account settings, please contact your local administrator.
There is a bug in the smart client launcher in .NET 2.0 that is resolved in .NET 2.0 SP1, released in November 2007.
It is possible to run the application without updating to SP1, and the installer will not load SP1 automatically, due to the current lack of a redistributable package from Microsoft.
However, we highly recommend that users' computers be updated to .NET 2.0 SP1 so that they can be assured of receiving continuing updates to the software.
The x86 version of the service pack can be found here.
After clicking the Install button, if you receive a message box asking if you wish to run or save the setup.exe file, click Run.
If your browser does not offer the Run option, save the setup file to your desktop and then double click it to run.
After installation, the application will immediately run to verify correct installation.
- If the application freezes on the splash screen when starting the application, the most likely cause is a configuration problem with a firewall or proxy server in your local network that is interfering with the software's attempts to access our update server and/or data servers. Please have your IT department contact Anodyne for assistance.
- If the application "blinks" when starting or appears to not start at all, the most likely cause is the presence of a Kensington mouse or tracball; there is a design defect in the Kensington mouse drivers that interferes with the correct operation of a ClickOnce application. Even if you are not currently using a Kensington product, the presence of the drivers on your computer may cause a problem. Please have your IT department contact Anodyne for more information; you may also wish to contact Kensington regarding the resolution of the design defect in their drivers.